- How To Video Series
- Ideas Kitchen Easter Egg hunt!
- My Account
Recipe images are representative only. 185 Views
1. Cook macaroni in 450ml (¾ pt) boiling water on HIGH power for 5-6 mins. or until soft. Drain.
2. Place butter, onion and bacon in a jug. Cook on HIGH power for 5 mins. or until onion is soft. Stir halfway through cooking.
3. Stir in flour and cook for 30 secs. on HIGH power.
4. Gradually add milk stir well and season. Cook on HIGH power for 5 mins. or until sauce is thick and bubbling. Stir twice during cooking.
5. Add mustard and 100g (4oz) grated cheese. Place the macaroni in a large dish and pour over the sauce. Sprinkle with Breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
6. Cook on HIGH power for 2-3 mins. until the cheese starts to melt.
large dish and jug
- 175 g (6 oz) quick cooking macaroni
- 40 g (1.5 oz) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100 g (4 oz) bacon, chopped
- 40 g (1.5 oz) flour
- 600 ml (1 pt) milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) french mustard
- 150 g (5 oz) red cheese, grated salt and pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh brown Breadcrumbs