- How To Video Series
- Ideas Kitchen Easter Egg hunt!
- My Account
Recipe images are representative only. 234 Views
1. Prick the tomatoes and place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave for 5 mins. Drain. Peel off skin and roughly chop flesh.
2. Blend apple and onion in a food processor to a thick puree.
3. Combine all together in a bowl. Cook on HIGH power for 25-30 mins., stirring occasionally, or until the mixture is thick with no excess liquid.
4. Leave to stand covered for 10 mins. then stir and pour into sterilised jars. Cover and label.
- 675 g (1.5 lb) tomatoes
- 225 g (8 oz) cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100 g (4 oz) granulated sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 200 ml (7 fl. oz) white distilled vinegar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 3 ml (½ tsp) mustard powder