- How To Video Series
- Ideas Kitchen Easter Egg hunt!
- My Account
Diamond Treacle and Ginger Tarts
Recipe images are representative only. 165 Views
1. Preheat oven on CONVECTION 210ºC. Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and lemon zest.
2. Add egg and enough water so that when the mixture is lightly kneaded it forms a firm, smooth dough.
3. Roll pastry out thinly and cut out circles with a 68mm cutter. Place rounds into the greased mini muffin tin. Prick bases with a fork and bake blind for 9 mins. (You can use mini muffin cases to hold the beans when baking blind.) After 9 mins remove the beans and bake for a further 4mins, or until golden.
4. Put the syrup and treacle in a large bowl and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 30-45 secs or until warm.
5. Stir in the bread crumbs, ginger, lemon juice and zest and leave to cool slightly. Add the egg yolk, mix well
6. Place a teaspoon of the mixture into each pastry case.
7. Roll out the remaining pastry 3mm thick, cut into strips 1 1/2cm wide. Cut 24 squares out of these strips and arrange as diamonds on top of each tart,
8. Cook on CONVECTION 190°C for 7 mins
2 x 12 hole mini muffin trays
Wire shelf in the upper position, enamel shelf
- 125g butter
- 225g plain flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml water
- 350g golden syrup
- 15 ml treacle
- 125g white breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 lemons (the juice of 1 and zest of 2)
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten