- How To Video Series
- Ideas Kitchen Easter Egg hunt!
- My Account
Ideas Kitchen blog
2nd Jun 20110 comments
Another successful trio of evening microwave demonstrations was hosted by Panasonic Stores in Exeter, Newton Abbott and Plymouth last week.
The dealers’ publicity attracted audiences of between 23-28 people keen to learn more about Panasonic’s range of Combination Ovens.
My dishes went down well with these very hungry audiences who left very few left-overs for the shop staff to eat up. The Mini Plum Crumbles with grated marzipan in the topping received mixed reviews however, some people loved them, others didn’t, but for those of you who love marzipan like me, here is the recipe!
Mini Plum Crumbles
- Put 500g of fresh halved and stoned plums in large bowl with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cover and heat on Medium power for 3 minutes, stir and repeat. Divide the stewed plums between 4 oven-proof ramekins.
- In a large bowl, rub 50g of butter into 100g of plain flour. Then add 75g of grated marzipan and 25g of golden caster sugar. Divide the topping mixture between the 4 dishes covering the plums.
- Place on the wire shelf of the Flatbed Combination Oven and cook on Combination: Convection 230C + SIMMER power for 9 minutes.
- Tuck in with clotted cream!
Panastore staff are experts in all aspects of technology and the staff at Exeter and Plymouth filmed the demonstrations and relayed it to the many Panasonic TVs displayed all around the shop. I can’t say that I enjoyed seeing myself in High Definition across several large screens but it certainly meant that those seated at the back got a great view of the cooking action. It also tempted some of our audience members to treat themselves to new televisions and cameras!
The Kitchen Team