- How To Video Series
- Ideas Kitchen Easter Egg hunt!
- My Account
Fish in Brixham with Daniel Galmiche
Liked Daniel’s video? Why not try out his great Cod, coriander, tomato and garlic parcels recipe below.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 or Combination Microwave Oven on CONVECTION 200°C with the wire shelf in the lower position. Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Pat the fish dry with a kitchen towel, season with salt and set aside.
- Blanch the garlic in boiling water for 2 minutes, then refresh in cold water and pat dry. That way it will cook in the same time as the fish once it is en papillotte.
- Put four 46 x 25cm/18 x 10in rectangles of greaseproof paper on your work surface and drizzle them with half the olive oil. Next, you need to arrange the ingredients on one half of the paper, so that you will be able to fold the other half over them afterwards. Start with a few slices of tomato on each piece of paper and divide half the coriander over them, then season with salt and pepper. Put the pieces of cod fillet on top of the tomatoes, then add the blanched garlic and the rest of the coriander and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Fold the paper over the filling and then fold along the edges to seal securely. Make sure the parcels are well sealed so that none of the liquid is lost. Put the parcels on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively cook the parcels using the AUTO WEIGHT FRESH FISH programme in the Combination Microwave Oven, following the instructions in the Panasonic Cookbook. Be sure to weigh the parcels to enter the correct weight and pierce the fish before cooking. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 2 minutes before opening.
- Now comes the rush of aromas – open each parcel, taking care not to lose any of the juices and serve with coriander-scented rice. Squeeze the tender garlic out of its skin for an extra delicious flavour.
Chefs tip: If sustainable cod is not available, replace with pollack fillets.
20 minutes, plus making the rice
46 x 25cm/18 x 10in rectangles of greaseproof paper
- 4 pieces skinless, boneless cod fillet, about 150g/5½ oz each
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small handful of coriander, leaves only, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed or boiled rice mixed with a handful of chopped coriander leaves, to serve.